
WOW! Talk about putting a new perspective on things! I think we needed to change immunologist and I think we waited too long. Our old Doc just gave up on Alex. He wasn't looking to find any new treatments or options etc. This new guy is so enthusiastic about finding something to help Alex, it's amazing how much my attitude has changed.
We're upping Alex's IV dose and doing it every 3 weeks instead of 4. After December, we'll more than likely go to the subcutaneous IG rather than the IV. It is once a week, but less traumatic and less time off of work. We can actually do it ourselves at home if we want.
This is the first time in over a year that I don't feel like my child will be dead in two years. I know he can't cure Alex, but it sure is dang nice to have someone at least fight!
Thank God for the doctors who still give a damn!!!
2 comments:
That's great news. It's always wonderful to have someone with a helpful, hopeful attitude who is willing to look into the latest findings.
Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!
I'm sooo happy that you found this new doctor Rhonda!! Yayyyy! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
p.s. I tagged your for my Christmas Meme - come play :)
Post a Comment