Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Three Hundred Dollars Flashed Before my Eyes or The Day the Earth Stood Still

Yesterday was gorgeous here in Nebraska. We get five beautiful days a year (it's written in the bylaws of the state I swear!) and yesterday was one of them. I just had to get the boy and the dogs outside and enjoy (no really, we get five days, the other 360 are either too hot, too cold, too windy, too wet or too dry).  We headed off to the park and big sister walked down to play with us.

Everyone had a good time.  I even ran to Sonic, grabbed some burgers, snagged some doggie treats at the window and we ate outside.  Naturally Alex didn't want to leave but we had been out since 5:30 and it was 7:00 and he was sunburnt from field at school to start out with it. A small temper tantrum ensued.  We got him and the dogs to the car and headed home. I had the windows down and we were singing Bruno Mars Lazy Song....end to perfect day. UNTIL................we pulled into the garage and I looked back at Alex...his glasses were gone!

Oh no!  He loves to toss things out the windows in the car, but I knew his windows were up.  Did he toss out the front passenger side while I hit the high notes (quite impressive I assure you)?  I got the flashlight and searched the whole car. They were gone!  UGH!  That's when $300 went racing past my eyes.  Frantically I called big sister back and had her walk back down to the park to see if she could fine them. And called Daddy.

Thankfully.......big sister found them at the park 10 mins later...PHEW!!!! Crisis averted!  But we did all load back up in the car for the drive over to pick them up!  I was ready for bed when we got home!

Alls well that ends well...........

No comments: